Mindfulness training is an effective way to control stress and improve your quality of life.
The mindfulness training is developed for everyone who seeks to improve quality of life, especially if you want to:
- learn how to deal with stress
- learn how to deal with difficult emotions, like tension, anxiety or pain
- spend less energy on worrying
- be able to enjoy a busy life
- find more moments of joy, peace and inner stillness
- experience each moment with awareness
- increase your energy levels.
The mindfulness training is an effective way to control stress and improve the quality of your life. We learn to become aware of the mind’s tendency to wander between worrying about the past and the future. And we discover that there is an alternative, a space of conscious choice.
The practice of mindfulness doesn’t focus on changing problems, but on changing our attitude towards them. We can’t avoid tension or stressful moods, but mindfulness helps us to relate to challenges with a different point of view. It encourages us to choose to gently shift our focus away from problems, to say ” yes” to the experience, and become aware of options.
Mindfulness is a skill and new skills and insights are obtained by doing, by practicing rather than learning with the mind. The mindfulness course consists of eight sessions of 2.5 hours plus one whole day over a period of eight weeks. It has been proven that such a practice period offers lasting effects.
Each session includes:
- guided meditations (sitting, walking, stretching);
- practical mindfulness daily life exercises;
- discussing and sharing practice experiences.
In addition to these exercises and theory , each session also offers room for discussing and sharing experiences. The training also consistsof 45 minutes of daily home practice.
Each session has a theme
- Session 1: Living on automatic pilot
- Session 2: Relating to obstacles and challenges
- Session 3: Getting to know our boundaries
- Session 4: The landscape of stress
- Session 5: Responding to stress with awareness
- Session 6: Mindful communication or: Thoughts are not facts
- Session 7: Self care: how can I take better care of myself?
- Session 8: Integrating what I have learned
Adults, old or young, fast or slow, with or without complaints are welcome and can benefit from this program.
“I’ve never met anyone who would not benefit from more mindfulness in his/her life, ‘ says Jon Kabat-Zinn, the founder of this mindfulness training.
Where & when
City Center Utrecht
5 min. walking distance from
Utrecht Vaartsche Rijn trainstation
Dates: 4, 11, 18, 25 November / 2, 9, 16 and 23 December > 7.30 – 10 pm
Day of practise: 12 December > 10 am – 3.30 pm
Following course starts on 6 January 2022
For questions or more information:
M: 06 – 21 34 78 07