Mindfulness training is an effective way to control stress and improve your quality of life.
The mindfulness training is developed for everyone who seeks to improve quality of life, especially if you want to:
- learn how to deal with stress
- learn how to deal with difficult emotions, like tension, anxiety or pain
- spend less energy on worrying
- be able to enjoy a busy life
- find more moments of joy, peace and inner stillness
- experience each moment with awareness
- increase your energy levels.
The mindfulness training is an effective way to control stress and improve the quality of your life. We learn to become aware of the mind’s tendency to wander between worrying about the past and the future. And we discover that there is an alternative, a space of conscious choice.
The practice of mindfulness doesn’t focus on changing problems, but on changing our attitude towards them. We can’t avoid tension or stressful moods, but mindfulness helps us to relate to challenges with a different point of view. It encourages us to choose to gently shift our focus away from problems, to say ” yes” to the experience, and become aware of options.
Mindfulness is a skill and new skills and insights are obtained by doing, by practicing rather than learning with the mind. The mindfulness course consists of eight sessions of 2.5 hours plus one whole day over a period of eight weeks. It has been proven that such a practice period offers lasting effects.
Each session includes:
- guided meditations (sitting, walking, stretching);
- practical mindfulness daily life exercises;
- discussing and sharing practice experiences.
In addition to these exercises and theory , each session also offers room for discussing and sharing experiences. The training also consistsof 45 minutes of daily home practice.
Each session has a theme
- Session 1: Living on automatic pilot
- Session 2: Relating to obstacles and challenges
- Session 3: Getting to know our boundaries
- Session 4: The landscape of stress
- Session 5: Responding to stress with awareness
- Session 6: Mindful communication or: Thoughts are not facts
- Session 7: Self care: how can I take better care of myself?
- Session 8: Integrating what I have learned
Adults, old or young, fast or slow, with or without complaints are welcome and can benefit from this program.
“I’ve never met anyone who would not benefit from more mindfulness in his/her life, ‘ says Jon Kabat-Zinn, the founder of this mindfulness training.
When? And Where?
9 January – 27 February 2023
Monday evenings 7.30 – 10 pm > welcome from 7.20 pm onwards.
Start: January 9th
Dates: 9, 16, 23, 30 January / 6, 13, 20, 27 February
Last session: Due to a schoolholiday starting on the 25th of February we could consider to have our last session on Thursday evening 23 February if that would suit most people more.
A whole practise/retreat day is also part of this course and is planned on Sunday 19 February from 10 am – 3.30 pm
Location: Studio M in BK10, Johannes de Bekastraat 10, right on the corner with Abraham Bloemaertstraat, Vogelenbuurt, Nordeast Utrecht
Eight-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction / MBSR program
>> did you know that this can be reimbursed up to €350 by your health insurance? Check the care guide https://www.zorgwijzer.nl/vergoeding/mindfulness
€525 incl. VAT/GST for individuals
€400 incl. VAT/GST for full-time students* / U-pass**
€525 excl. VAT/GST business rate for self-employed persons
€700 excl. VAT/GST business rate, when the employer reimburses the costs.
* Full-time students for whom this course is not reimbursed by health insurance and who do not have a part-time job
** U-pass holders; in consultation, please indicate in advance!
The rates include:
* Introductory meeting in advance
* Eight course sessions of 2.5 hours each
* Practice/retreat day 10am – 3.30pm
* Tea during the sessions
* Mindful coaching during the whole duration of this course
* Course material (a reader and mp3 audio with guided exercises)
* Individual follow-up conversation (if desired)
For questions, more information or to register:
M: 06 – 21 34 78 07
Looking forward hearing from you.